Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I have been horrible about blogging. I'm not crazy busy it's just when I get home from work I just want to cuddle up with Kyle on the couch and watch a movie, does that happen? No its doesn't because talk about someone who is crazy busy. So I grab a blanket and cuddle up with myself on the couch.

There has been so much that has gone on in the last few months and I decided to finally blog about it, so here is a little update on the Christiansen's

Kyle, like I said earlier is super busy. I mean he just doesn't stop at all. You would think that after a while he would just burn out and I tell him all.the.time your gonna burn out! (gonna, I have only been in Sanpete for a few months and I talk like I never left) but he never does. Kyle was promoted to program manager as of....December..I really don't know when the actual day was that he was promoted only because Kyle pretty much like 99.9% of the time ran the program anyways so to me he has been program manager for a while. He is also on sight manager at our independent program in Ephraim. I can't begin to tell you how amazing Kyle is with these boys, he seriously has a gift. On top of running two programs which consists of a lot of work Kyle will be starting school again this summer to finish up his fire science degree. Kyle always makes time to go work out, play basketball three times a week, spend a little extra time with the boys and squeezes in time to take care of and spend time with me and our families. Not trying to "Toot" my horn but what the hell "Toot, Toot!" my man is amazing!

Me, well I am still working at the boys home as well I love my job, seriously I do, I have especially loved getting to know all 36 boys. Its crazy to know and think about what these boys have gone through and the families they come from and they are only 14-18 years old. It makes me that more grateful for the family I come from and the family Kyle came from. I have finally started to take some photography and photoshop classes at Snow College, its been fun and a huge stress reliever!

We are now living in Ephraim, its crazy because so much has changed but at the same time so much is the same. It has been up and down with emotions on being back here in sanpete especially in Ephraim but I have been keeping to myself and I want it to stay that way. We are living on sight at the independent home with the four boys here we have our own cute little apartment and the boys have there's but its been fun so far watching and teaching them how to actually be "independent" they are doing pretty well so far and I hope they continue to do so. When all the apartments are full we will have a total of 12 boys, well 13 counting our proctor child.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention our proctor child Mateo, he is 15 and we love him to death. Kyle and I became really close with Mateo these past few months and Mateo actually approached us and asked if we would be interested in proctoring him. Of course we prayed, fasted and had multiple conversations about it and we decided that we would love it if he came and lived with us. Its funny because every time we are in the middle of getting ready to do adoption another opportunity like this comes, why? I haven't figured that out yet! So, Mateo for a couple of years is going to be apart of our little family and no matter how old he is I guess we are getting our opportunity to be parents, in a complete different way than we thought and a lot older than we thought but hey we love him and we can provide the stable home and second chance he needs so why not!

Honestly right now we are just happy and doing our thing and I couldn't ask for anything more.  I am happy just working, cooking, cleaning, decorating, and being a mom the one thing I have wanted for the longest time, of course we are still trying for a little one. We are just doing things a little backwards have a teenager and then a baby! Which we know that being first time parents and to a teenager is going to be an adventure so....LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN!

3 comments:

ba san said...

Shoes accessories brand (Jimmy Choo Outlet) in Britain's queen Elizabeth ii was the 60th anniversary is approaching, launch special series accessories sheet is tasted, this is also the Nicholas ? cork wood (Nicholas Kirkwood), Wallace barium (Jimmy Choo Handbag) after, and one for the queen tribute to act the role of the brand. (Jimmy Choo Bag) this special series including shoes, purses, scarves, sunglasses, etc., and have greatly marked with "the Union Jack" red, white and blue British m flag design printing, pour is dye-in-the-wood "British" breath!link:www.jimmychoobagssales.com

David James said...

A lot of women may be very clumsy with their possess healthiness. A lot of women always investigation finally, the best protein powder vitamin supplements for women which usually change the woman's looks quite. While using the Best Protein Powder for Women supplements Many balance their personal as well as yearned for figure.

David James said...

YouTube Video Marketing services plays a key process regarding get ranking a simple movies via Right away report via YouTube Video Search engines and is particularly good bargain and contract offering Tech Budget YouTube video marketing services.