Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hopes up once again!

All of you know that I went into surgery yesterday (Tuesday), & in my last post I had explained how excited I was that I wasn't going to have to take that dumb shot! I obviously spoke to soon! this is how it all turned out!
I had to be at the hospital by 8:45 a.m. everything was going smoothly, I loved my nurses they made me feel extremely comfortable and made me laugh like crazy! I prayed and prayed like crazy all morning! I then signed thousands of consent forms while laughing some more at my nurses! They were then ready for me to go into surgery my mom, sister & I then said a prayer as I was getting rolled into the freezing cold surgery room there was a view of the Provo mountains and I couldn't help but think that after this surgery things would be changing I didn't know how I just knew they were, they got me all hooked up to all the computers and screens and some more things that I have no clue what they were, I then thought I better get in one last prayer before I doze off.
The next thing I can remember is being in the recovery room and the nurses telling me to breath, I guess I didn't do to well under the anethesia, it was a little too strong for me and my body would over relax. I fell back to sleep and woke back up in my room with my sister and mom I looked at the clock and it was past 2:00 I knew that if the surgery went well it was only supposed to only last a half hour but if they had found something it would had taken longer so I thought they found endometriosis not a big surprise! I asked my mom what they had found and she said well Lind they found a lot of endometriosis you have stage 4, but they also found a giant cycst as big as a large orange, now with cyst they usually go away on there own but if they get to about 8cm you have to remove them, mine was about 10-12cm my doctor has no clue how he missed it especailly doing a pap the day before just to specifically to look for a cyst. Because the cycst was so big and hadn't disappeared on its own I was lucky I had gone in for surgery because if it had burst on its own I would have bled to death, and because it did get so big without bursting that was a big concern they are now running test on the cyst to see if it is cancerous.
So because of the outstanding cyst and outstanding amount of endometriosis I have to do the shot and not only just for the 4 months but for 6 months to a year.... and because of endometriosis I only have 50/50 chance of having a child, so we definatly won't be trying for next month for a child or for a year for that matter.
I know this is all on the Lord's time and I know everything happens for a reason, & more people out there has it way, way, WAY worse than I and I know so many people are praying for me and I really appreciate it so much! I just don't think this is going to be easy for me & I'm sorry if that affends some of you, but let me just explain one thing ever since I was young I have wanted to be a stay at home mom I have never wanted a big career I just wanted to have a family and I know I will some day but this is horrible news to me and I don't know what to do or say or even how to act about it any more I know I need faith and I do, I just need to figure out how I feel right now and it may take some time, I'm sorry I don't mean to complain because I am the last one that should, but I know some friends and family wanted to know what had happened yesterday, and that's it. horrible news, thank you for all your prayers and concerns but the Lord just had different plans for us right now.

10 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

Oh I am so sorry...I can't imagine how you feel. I am glad they found everything so now hopefully you can start recovering and getting out of this medical mess. We will be praying for you and hope that it isn't cancerous.

Whittergirl said...

Lindy I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. You and Kyle are in my prayers!

Cory and Lacey Jo said...

Wow Lind!! I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how you feel, and you have every right and reason to be discouraged and sad. You are in my prayers, and please know if you need anything to let me know. If you are still in Sanpete give me a call we could do lunch or something :) Keep your head up girl!!

Lauren said...

Holy cow! How scary. I'm glad the got the cyst out. hope you heal quickly!!

Kailee Joy said...

Wow! I am so glad that they got the cyst... that is a blessing in itself.

I'm so sorry! I know that your going though a lot but, you are recieving blessings as you go through these trials. Your being prepared for whats to come and when your blessed with a child maybe naturally or adopting be it a short time or long time, that time with them will NEVER go away.. you'll have that forever!

I am constantly thinking of you and Ky and only hoping for the best. I am always here if you need anything...
Keep your head up and keep smiling. Get feeling better soon.

Our Family said...

Gaulee Lindy that is not the news I was hoping for, but it is good they found that big cyst that is at least one blessing you got out of this whole crazy situation so far. hope your recovery is quick.

Meggan Butterfield said...

Lind,we love you to death and if there is anything that we can do for you let us know. I know that you and Kyle can get through this because you are strong individual but remember that you need to stick together and keep your head up. Just know that the lord has bigger plans for all of us and we just have to keep moving forward because when one door closes another door opens.

Katie and Derek Miller said...

Hey sorry i just randomly stopped texting ya i had a couple hair clients come over and by the time they left it was late. I hope you're doing a little better you can come over to my apt anytime ya get bored while you're staying with the parents.i'm always bored and would love your company!

Anonymous said...

i feel for you. someday will be your time to be a mom and you will love every moment even more since you went through such a hard road. i am glad you are ok and the doctors were able to help you out. my heart goes out for you
desi

Hailee and Chet said...

Hey Lindy I have really kept you in my prayers. By the way I went to school with Kailee and I saw a sad looking post title so i thought I would see what was up. I wanted to let you know that there is some hope out there my cousin who also has endometriosis. She has had it Im pretty sure since before she had her first child but she now has six kids. She has had to have them quite close together though. But there is still hope. I just feel so bad that you have to go through it. I hope things go better for you. We will keep you in our prayers.