About a month after my miscarriage Kyle and I drove to St. George for some weekend fun to get my mind off things!
The day started off great and we were having fun shopping, as we were in a store I all the sudden had this horrible pain, I told Kyle that I thought it was a good idea if we left, he agreed and as we were headed out the door the pain got even worse I went into the Ladies room because I felt like I was going to puke! as I was standing in the bathroom the pain just got worse, I have NEVER felt this much pain before in my life, and it is so very hard to explain, it felt like I was getting stabbed repeatedly every time I moved. As the pain grew more intense I felt very sick and light headed and then all the sudden everything went black!
The next thing I knew I woke up on the floor of the bathroom in horrible pain with a lady standing over me asking me if I was OK, I told her my husband was out the door and I managed to get up and walk out I got to the car and we left and headed towards Nevada (where we lived was only a hour from St. George) the pain got more intense and Kyle drove as fast as he could, we made it home in a record time!
I thought it was just another bad month of my cycle and maybe I had a cyst that was bursting, Kyle gave me some pain killers from my stash (yes I have a stash of pain killers because the Endometriosis and Poly cystic cyst syndrome is extremely painful, and NO I am not a pill popper I only take them when I absolutely need them!) He got my heating pad out for me and laid me down, as I was in and out of sleep the pain didn't go away, about 3 in the morning I finally woke Kyle up and told him I needed to go to the hospital so he rushed me to Mesquite hospital.
At the hospital they got me in pretty quickly and started doing tests right away, each test they did they couldn't find anything, I was so frustrated so as they gave me morphine to calm the pain we did even more tests, still nothing and after a little more morphine I finally dozed off to sleep for a few hours.
They never saw anything and guessed that it was a cyst that had burst and sent us home about 1 in the afternoon that next day.
I didn't think to go and get a second opinion I was just glad it was over with and prayed I would never feel that pain ever again but a few months later it happened again, and again a few months after that.
My parents came down to spend some time with us during the summer and while they were down there we ran into some family friends and she started explaining how her oldest daughter had this disease called endometriosis and everything she was explaining was everything I was going through, the pain, the nausea, the infertility, she said I needed to go get checked and the only way they could really tell and diagnose you is if they did a scope, a scope is where they make 2 little cuts by each of your hips and take a camera and look around and see what they can find.
I have had plenty of doctors since the very young age of 12 say they have tested or did a ultrasound to see if I have endometriosis and each and every single one of them said I didn't and that I probably only had poly cystic cyst syndrome and the only thing they could do for me on that was to take birth control, and that may have worked for some but for me did the exact opposite! So everything that I have gone through isn't anything new this all started at the age of 12 for me I was in extreme pain at the very beginning of when I first started my menstrual cycle and it just got worse.
After we had talked to our family friend I really didn't think twice about going in for a scope, I hadn't felt the pain for a while, and I felt like we still had a chance that we could get pregnant. A few months later and no baby the pain came back and it stayed.
Its hard to explain the constant pain I feel, the constant of it is more like a dull cramping that most women feel when they start there week, and a few times through out the day I get a sharp stabbing or ripping or like something is caught pain, and then when I start my week it actually gets worse and the pain is like giving birth naturally, having the flu, your legs go numb with pain and you can't move. I obviously learned later what each pain was, the stabbing is when the endometriosis attaches to you uterus, ovaries, small intestines, large intestines, liver, bladder, and anything else it can get a hold of sticking and pulling together, the feeling like something is caught is when it all attaches to everything and you go to move or twist or sit up straight and you feel like something is stuck inside you and you can't move and if you do you get the ripping pain and that obviously is when the endometriosis finally rips away from whatever it is attached to and then you get scare tissue and that is a whole other kind of pain, and so is the cysts, so I have three very painful things going on and they all have there own horrible pain, and I am learning how to tell which pain is which so that when I go into the doctors I can explain what is going on to help them know what tests they need to do to see what is going on.
It really, well plainly sucks! that I have to try and figure out what pain is what I just wish I could go in once and they can fix it and I can be done with it, but if I am going to help the doctors at least try and get this disease under control it is what I need to do, but it still sucks!
After the pain stayed we decided to contact a specialist and go ahead with the surgery, I was nervous because I think I knew deep down that I had what I had, but I didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was...


No comments:
Post a Comment